grey and yellow

Friday, April 12, 2013

3 Weeks


This little lady is already 3 weeks old, even though she acts like she is 6 months old and hates pictures as you can tell. Since day one everyone has told us that she acts a lot older then she really is. Thats a scary thought. They say they only smile because of gas at this age, but not this little one. She smiles every time her dad talks to her, especially in spanish. She thinks its hilarious. Trev will sit and ramble off sports talk to her and she just sits and smiles. The best is when Trev starts to make up random songs to sing to her, especially when they go a little something this... Your eyes, Your eyes are so blue. You better not suck on those fingers cause that will cause cancer.... Seriously, some of the stuff he can come up with is pretty out there, but she smiles every time. This classic picture just shows how much she shows off her smile. She was only 5 hours old. 

We decided to use the little cradle that I used when I was little and I used it for all dolls growing up. My grandpa fixed it all up for us. The day we brought her home from the hospital we put her in it and she moved around so much that she could get it swinging enough to roll her from side to side. My mom thought I was crazy when I told her this till she witnessed for herself. So, Trev got crafty and bolted 2x4's to the bottom of it like legs so it wouldn't swing. She is also a champ at holding her head up on her own. When she lays on your chest she lifts it up and just looks around. Then she gets tired and does the head bobble and crashes down. 

At two weeks she started making these monkey noises. They sound like a legit monkey and are hilarious. The first time she did it Trev and I looked around not knowing where it came from until she did it again. She always smiles afterwards to like "Check me out, I'm hilarious." She's such a little entertainer. 

At three weeks she decided it would be cool to start rolling. Not so cool. She acts so big already. I laid her down on the ground one day to change her bum and I turned around to grab the diaper and she rolled up on her side. She doesn't roll to her belly just up on her sides. 





For saying she is mine and Trevor's child she is pretty mellow. She loves her sleep. She sleeps 3 1/2 to 4 hours each night. She's on our crazy sleeping schedule. We usually don't go to bed till about midnight, but she also isn't up and wake till about noon. Convient right? I think so. She just eats and then goes right back to sleep. She doesn't really cry. Her cry consists of a little wimper. I feel like I have to sleep with one eye open at night in fear her little wimper of a cry won't wake me up. 

This is the first week that it has just been Trevor and I. The first week she was born my mom came up. For those of you that know my mom she is a clean freak. My house had never sparkled like it did by the time she left. At one point I caught her wiping down my blinds. Fantastic right? Trev asked her if she was for hire. Wouldn't that be nice? Then, my mother-in-law came up and stayed. It was so nice to have someone here to take the baby while I caught up on all my homework. My sister-in-law spent the week up here for her spring break. We did lots of shopping and got pedicures. I am trying to talk her into coming to Utah State in the fall so she could be our nanny. I'm still working on that one.. Even though this is our first week without family staying up here to help, Granny and Papa Bruce have already been up to visit. My dad is so funny with Brecklyn. He calls her Lizzy Lou. I always get txt messages from him asking if Lizzy Lou can play. It's hilarious to see this big, intimidating, ex cop talk in baby talk. 

The other day my friend asked Trevor and I if having a baby has taken a toll on our marriage or not? Keep in mind she is an FCHD major also so we study these kinds of questions all day long. When she first asked me about this I wasn't sure how to answer. I don't think that it has, but I didn't have any examples as why. So, over the past couple days I kept that question in the back of my head as we went about our day. I definitely think this little girl has strengthened our marriage. She has brought us a lot closer then we ever were before. We have learned how to communicate with each other even if it is only about the last time Brecklyn ate or last time she was changed. It has showed us how to work together as a team. Every time we leave the house Trevor is always in charge of the baby and carrying the carseat. I am always in charge of the diaper bag and making sure the car doors are locked when we get out. It may sound silly, but it works for us. 


1 comment:

  1. She sounds a lot like Brynne. Justin says she's a 6 month old trapped in a 2 month old's body. She loved laying on her side when she was tiny. She doesn't do it so much now but rolling over is a different story...good luck! haha

    ReplyDelete