grey and yellow

Thursday, April 18, 2013

1 MONTH



Weight: At her 2 week appointment she was 7lbs 11 oz, but when I have tried to weigh her myself it's pretty close to 9lbs. She is chunkin up like it's nobody's business. 

Loves: Her binkie. She has been a binkie girl since day one. When she was in the NICU the nurses were impressed at how well she could control it herself. Since then she's been hooked. She also loves her boppy pillow. I can lay her in that bad boy and she will pass out within minutes. Her dad likes to think that she is practicing her volleyball blocking skills already since she sleeps with her hands in the air all the time.





She loves her baths. She would sit in the tub all day if I had the patience to sit there with her. 

 But who wouldn't with a comfy chair like that.

Sleep: This chick loves to sleep, which is pretty convient for me. She has slept through the night a couple times, but usually only wakes up once around 3 or 4. She use to have to always be snuggled to go to sleep, but now I can lay her down in her bed and she goes to sleep on her own. The other night Trev was snuggling her and she kept grunting and stretching, but couldn't get comfy. Then she found her sweet spot.... right on Trev's face. 


Crying: She has definitely learned how to use her lungs when it comes to crying now. Before it was just a little whimper. Although, the only time she actually cries is when she's hungry. So far she hasn't ever been really fussy. She eats and falls right back asleep with no problem at all. We have had multiple people tell us how surprised they are that Trev and I have such a good and mellow baby. That kinda scares me. If she is mellow now I'm sure she is going to be a holy nightmare when she hits her terrible two's. I guess it will be payback from the anxiety we caused our parents. 

Parenting Moment of the Week: Last night Trev had to go over to campus to the library to look for a book he needed, but didnt' want to go by himself. So, we packed the little munchkin up and the 3 of us went over to the library. It didn't even click with us that we were taking a baby to the library..... right at the end of the semester of all times... It finally clicked as we were walking in... Whoops. Good thing she is a mellow baby and didn't make a peep. That could of been embarrassing. 

Postpartum: I either got really lucky and had an easy delivery and recovery or this having a baby thing gets exaggerated. It really hasn't been to shabby. I was feeling like a million bucks just a few days after. I was back into my regular jeans in a week and now I am only 3lbs shy of my initial weight that I was when I got prego. Although my boobs aren't the only thing that jiggle anymore. I have lots of toning to do. As much as I HATED being pregnant I would do it all over again. Not anytime soon that is, but eventually. It still amazes me at how much you can love another person that you don't even really know. When Brecklyn was born she struggled to breathe on her own and of course I was a complete mess, but thinking back on it I was crying over a little girl that I hadn't even seen or at that time even held. It's such an amazing experience. 

Anyways, enough with the sentimental crap. On that note Trev broke his arm a couple days ago. Convient right? Now I get to take care of both my babies. He is in a cast just below his elbow to this thumb. So, he's pretty much as helpful as a guy with two left feet these days. ;) As we were leaving the doctors office he said (and I quote) "My playing soccer days are done." I never thought I would hear that come out of his mouth. This having a kid thing has really made him grow up... or he's just getting old. :) 

     Now for picture overload as always.

She looks bald in this picture because her hair is so blonde. The first thing people say when they see her is "She has so much hair...... and it's blonde??..... her eyes look like they are going to be blue?!... where did that come from?" who knows and no our mail man isn't blonde either. 



                        I was in the tub so I put her in her chair to hang out and apparently it's super comfy.



She thinks I'm hilarious. She was wide awake in this picture but with a combination of chubby cheeks and a huge smile it interferes with her vision.  

No comments:

Post a Comment