grey and yellow

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012

Christmas is always the best time of the year. Fun times with family, friends, and yummy food. This year we spent Christmas Eve with my family. My mom cooked a delicious Ham dinner and we even busted out the chimes to our traditional Christmas tunes. We then went to Trev's parents to spend Christmas morning with. I'm so glad this is the last year we have to choose families on Christmas morning. Next year we get to have our own Christmas morning with our little family. It's so hard to split up time with both families. Anyways, we didn't even wake up until 8:00 to open presents which is super unusual. I may be 22, but it's still hard to sleep in on Christmas morning. Santa sure did spoil us this year, especially baby girl and she wasn't even actually here. She got a bunch of clothes, her first stuffed animals from her uncle benji, her very own book about the Chicago Cubs (we even read it to her already and she loved it. She was kicking like crazy.), and a GIANT box of 900 wipes. Yes, 900. You know your getting old when you get excited over wipes. 




Her GG and GPA (Great grandma and Great Grandpa) got her a little dress from Cancun. 




Those of you that know Trev he is a die hard fan of the Chicago Cubs. Baby Girl got a little pink Chicago Cubs warm up suit. Cutest little thing I've ever seen. Along with a book about the Cubbies. 



When we first found out we were pregnant Trevor always joked around that if it was a girl he wanted to name her Wrigley after Wrigley Field where the Cubs play. At least I thought he was joking. He has always referred to her as Wrigley and it's even spread to where the grandparents, Aunts, and Uncle refer to her as Wrigley also. It's going to be one of those awful nicknames like Chuck that is just going to stick with her the rest of her life. I use to absolutely refuse to call her that, but I have finally accepted it. Not for the birth certificate, but as a nickname. There's no way I am winning that battle. Every name I throw out for her Trev can somehow tie it to Wrigley Field. I loved the name Gracie... Mark Grace was his favorite Cubs player..... VETO! I loved the name Ivy, Wrigley Field is completely surrounded by Ivy..... VETO!! I even brought up the name Addison thinking there was no way he could connect it with the Cubs. Welp, to my surprise Addison is the road that Wrigley Field is on..... VETO!! It's kind of impressive, but as much as we love them Cubbies I just can't name my baby girl after them. 





Christmas night we went to Temple Square to see lights. I got a new Cannon Camera with a few lenses so of course I took a million pictures. Everyone was calling me a nerd, but I was perfectly content playing with my new toy. 









I was super impressed with it. It took some pretty cool pictures. Now I just need to find a photoshop program so I can play around with them more. 

We also go this bad boy. I've always wanted one of theses. I can't wait to use it!! Maybe I will actually cook now. 




I was so much fun to spend time with family and friends. We seriously couldn't of been blessed with greater families. They are so fantastic to us. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment